This method is an official one, recommended by the HTC Technical Support Team. Finally we have some alternative to the old myth related with re-calibrating the battery by removing the batterystats.bin file from /data/system location, as it has no impact on the battery life.
So if you're having some problems with battery life, for example it rapidly or erratically discharges (the battery indicator says 18% left but then suddenly, 5 seconds later your device is OFF) this procedure should help, as it clears all battery stats, coordinates and normalizes charging. At least HTC Technical Support says that :)
The procedure is simple:
- Make sure that Fastboot option is disabled in Power settings.
- Turn off your phone.
- Plug phone into HTC charger and charge for two minutes or more.
- While charging, hold down volume-up + volume-down + power button and continue holding. Phone will turn on and off repeatedly every 15 seconds or so while continuing to hold all three buttons.
- Keep this going for 2 minutes, then release all buttons when phone is ON.
- Now, let phone charge fully normally (with phone either on or off) and battery level reporting, charging and battery life should be normalized.
Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to share! Also, if you like this article, please use media sharing buttons (Twitter, G+, Facebook) below this post!
For latest news follow Android Revolution HD on popular social platforms: